The difference between a profiled spring and a conventional spring is that the spring itself is irregular, curved and has a large number of complex angle designs. Suitable for some special occasions.
Type of profiled spring
There are many types of special-shaped springs, which are described below:
(1) Reducing coil spring: It is used in some special occasions. The material of the variable diameter spring is generally round cross-section material, and most of them are subjected to compressive load.
(2) Sheet spring: The material of this spring is a spring strip (or sheet), which is machined through a corresponding mold on a special equipment or a general-purpose pressure processing machine. Sheet springs, wave springs, and light springs are thinner in material thickness, while medium or large disc springs tend to be thicker in material thickness. These springs are also widely used.
(3) When the installation space is limited, a spring of a rectangular cross-section material is often used, and a spring made of a rectangular cross-section material can obtain a large load under the same space and the same amount of deformation. Compared with the spring of a circular cross-section material, this kind of spring has a large cross-sectional area in the same space, so it absorbs a large amount of energy, as shown in the following figure. It can be used in heavy machinery, stamping dies or springs with exceptionally high stiffness.
(4) Disc springs are small in size and light in weight, and are widely used for cushioning, vibration avoidance, etc., and are widely used in stamping dies, valve clutch fasteners, and petroleum and geological engineering machinery.
(5) The convex-shaped helical compression spring can be inserted into the intermediate ring due to the smaller coils at both ends, so that a large amount of deformation can be obtained. For example, some convex car brake springs are always in a tight state, open the car valve, the spring returns to deformation, and the brake is braked on the car. The hair clipper is also a feature of a convex coil spring that achieves large deformation and stress in an effective space.
(6) The spiral coil spring is similar to the conical coil spring. It has a large energy to withstand pressure absorption. Due to manufacturing difficulties, it is only used for special cases limited by space. The number of coils of the planar scroll coil is large, the amount of deformation is large, and it can store a large amount of energy, and is often used for compressing springs and energy storage components in instrumentation.
(7) The leaf spring can be superposed by single-piece spring steel plate or multiple pieces, which has good cushioning and vibration damping performance, especially the multi-plate spring has strong vibration damping performance, and is mainly used for suspension devices of automobiles, tractors and railway vehicles.
(8) Unequal pitch coil springs are mainly used for suspension springs of motorcycles and small passenger cars and high-speed engine valve springs. At the same time, the same spring can satisfy the requirement that the deformation amount is small and the rigidity is small, and the rigidity is large when the deformation amount is large. Unequal pitch springs just meet these special requirements. The schematic diagram of the unequal pitch coil spring is shown in the figure below.
(9) The torsion bar spring is actually a straight rod made of elastic material which is subjected to torque, and its deformation energy per unit volume is large, and is mainly used for suspension devices of various vehicles.
(10) The ring spring is formed by the outer ring with the inner tapered surface and the inner ring with the outer tapered surface. The logarithm of the inner and outer rings is determined according to the requirements of the magnitude and deformation of the load. The ring spring has a high damping capacity and is mainly used for heavy equipment and buffers.
(11) The wire spring is a variety of linear springs made of spring wire, generally made of cold drawn spring wire. Most of the wire springs are used in applications where the load is small and the load characteristics are not strictly required. The cross section of the wire spring is often circular, so the load has no direction limitation and has the same bending rigidity in all directions.
(12) The spring retaining ring has two kinds of circular cross-section materials and rectangular cross-section materials, and sometimes it is convenient to assemble, and the end of the collar is bent again. When manufacturing the collar, the tightly wound coil can be self-leveled after being cut, and must have a large initial stress when winding.
(13) The serpentine spring is named for its shape twisted like a snake, and is also called a "Z" shape and an "S" spring according to its shape. It is widely used in car seat cushions and is therefore also known as seat springs.
(14) Multi-strand coil springs generally firstly screw a 0.5mm~3mm steel wire into a steel cable, and then roll it into a spring. The most common one is a 3-strand--4 strand steel cable without a central stock. When the cable exceeds 4 strands, there should be a central strand. In order to make the cable not loose after being stressed, the cable rotation should be opposite to the direction of the spring.
(15) Clamp springs are commonly used for fastening liquid storage tanks, etc., and are in the category of double torsion springs. This type of spring can be rolled by a CNC coil spring machine in a conditional enterprise. The general enterprise is hand-rolled, and some special aids can be made during the rolling. Firstly, the disk material is cut and straightened, and then made into a "U" shape, and the curved shape is rolled on the special auxiliary tool, and the auxiliary device can be used with the coil spring machine feeding the sector gear, and the round-trip mechanism fed by the coil spring machine is used. By installing the auxiliary tool "b" at the position of the feeding guide wheel, the semi-automatic production of the clamp spring can be realized, and the production efficiency is increased by about 10 times compared with the manual operation.